NRG maintains a firm commitment to apprentice training and development. Each year we offer a number of positions to motivated and enthusiastic candidates with a passion for their trade.
NRG GOS offers apprenticeships in the following disciplines:
- Electrician and Instrumentation and Control Trades (Dual Apprenticeship)
- Engineering Mechanical Trade (Maintenance – Fitting and/or Turning)
Apprenticeships are advertised in the local newspaper (Gladstone Observer) at the end of July of each year. Please Check Current Vacancies.
It is necessary for the applicants to have the following requirements:
- Minimum education requirement is that applicants have completed, or are currently completing, Year 10 Junior Certificate
- The ability to understand general mechanical principles and their application
- Sound to high level of numerical ability
- Effective written and verbal communication.
The selection process will include aptitude testing, interviews with relevant NRG GOS representatives, reference checking and the ability to meet the necessary site health requirements.
One Administrative Traineeship is offered once a year working with our Human Resources and Training Department.
Administrative Trainees undertake a wide range of duties including: reception / switchboard, telephone and face to face enquiries, word processing, data entry, record keeping, correspondence, mail handling, maintaining training facilities, visitor inductions and security card system administration.
The Administrative Traineeship will take 12 months to complete and the successful candidate will come out with a Certificate III in Business (Office) Administration.
To be considered for an Administration Traineeship you must have the following:
- Completed your Higher School Certificate (Grade 12)
- Excellent literacy, language and numerical skills
- Experience and exposure to the Microsoft suite – i.e. Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent attitude and desire to learn new systems and work in a busy team environment.
Administrative Traineeships are particularly valuable for those people looking to “test drive” a career or are in a gap year prior to studying at University.
If you would like more information on Apprenticeships or Traineeships at NRG GOS please contact Human Resources on 4976 5150 or via email – email@example.com